Build a winning profile
Whatever your skills or experience, first impressions matter. Your profile is the first thing a potential client sees when they find you on our Trade Directory or when they review your business information when you chase a job lead.
Your Profile editing page is your central point for seeing how your profile comes together and making edits.
- Review and edit your 'About your business' section. Read this article for advice on how to improve it.
- Upload a profile picture - homeowners are more likely to engage when a tradesperson has a great profile picture.
- If you operate in restricted trades, ensure you upload your accreditations. We will verify the accreditation before it appears on your profile.
- If you hold any insurance or professional memberships, add these to your profile.
- Demonstrate your work by uploading before and after project photos.
Download our App
Check your trade and location settings
When you created your account, you selected your trade and location settings. Take a look over these to ensure they accurately reflect the type of work (and locations) you want and have experience in.
Turn leads into jobs
It's one thing to accept a job lead, it's another thing to turn that into work. There are some easy ways to better connect with your customers and increase your opportunity of winning work.
- Chase the job leads you are most interested in winning.
- Send a quick, personalised intro note to the homeowner.
- If you're granted contact on a job, make contact quickly to discuss the details of the job with the homeowner.
- If the homeowner has shared their phone number you'll find it on the phone tab on the job thread.
- Send a quote using Builderscrack to keep a record of the job and details all in one place.
- Always remain polite and professional - whether you're selected to do the job or not, you want the homeowner to be happy with the interaction and to recommend you by leaving a review.
Ask for reviews
Homeowners want to see reviews of tradespeople before hiring them, reviews enhance your reputation and trustworthiness. Reviews prove that you're reliable and skilled at what you do - and not just because you say you are.
Whether you won the job or not, politely ask your homeowners to leave you a review. If you didn't do the job, homeowners can leave you a communications review and if you did the job, they can leave you a workmanship review.
When you secure a job, we’ll charge a small success fee based on the size of the job. If you're curious as to what a success fee may be on a particular job, try our success fee calculator.
Your success fee will be discounted based on the package subscription you held at the time of chasing the job.
Remember that our fees should be considered a business expense and should never be passed on explicitly to the homeowner.