(If this isn't you, check out our Homeowner FAQs)
In this article, we look at how Builderscrack works in more detail.
Create a trade account
As a new trade user, it's easy to get started.
- Create an account, providing some details about your business and information to enable our team to verify your business.
- Once your account is verified, select a subscription package that suits your needs.
- We charge a small success fee when you secure a job based on the size of the job. Please take the time to read our trade pricing page.
Tell us about your business
- The information you provide about preferred trades and locations will be used to identify relevant job leads to send you.
- The information you provide about your business will be used by homeowners to help them determine if they want to grant you contact on their job.
- You can revisit these details once your account is set up and spend more time showcasing your business.
The homeowner posts a job
- Homeowners post a job using our standard 'job post' process. There is no cost for posting a job.
- Homeowners may also search our Trade Directory pages and contact a tradesperson via their public profile - this is a Direct Enquiry.
We match tradespeople to job leads
- When a job is posted, we match suitable tradespeople to the job and send out leads.
Tradespeople chase the job
- Chase the job leads you are most interested in quoting for.
The homeowner decides who they want to engage with
- We let the homeowner know when a tradesperson chases their job.
- Homeowners are encouraged to read over the information the tradesperson has provided about their business, and also any reviews they may have received via Builderscrack.
- Homeowners use this information to decide if they want to grant contact to the tradesperson.
Contacting the homeowner
- We'll let you know if the homeowner grants you contact on the job.
- Once you're in contact, you can start talking details - quoting, costing, site visits.
- You can communicate with the homeowner using the 'interact' function on the job details page. This way you’ve got a digital record of what’s been agreed and discussed on a job, ensuring everyone’s expectations are the same.
Providing a quote
- You can send a quote to the homeowner through Builderscrack.
- You’ll be notified if the homeowner accepts, queries or declines the quote.
Providing a cost
- You can provide a job cost if that is more appropriate.
- Job costs can be sent to homeowners through Builderscrack.
- You’ll be notified if the homeowner accepts, queries or declines the cost.
Homeowner awards the job to you
- If you and the homeowner are happy to progress, the homeowner can award the job to you.
- The award process secures you as the tradesperson.
- We’ll advise other tradespeople who have chased the job that it has been won by someone else.
Or you claim the job
- If the homeowner is happy to proceed but hasn’t awarded the job to you, you can claim the job.
Our success fees
- Once a quote has been accepted or a job cost applied on an awarded job, we then invoice you a success fee based upon this value. Please take a look at our Trade Pricing page for full details.
- We understand that the job cost can change after this point – there’s more info on this here.
One of the advantages of our review system is that in order to post a review, the homeowner and tradesperson must have engaged on our platform. This means your competitors can’t post bad reviews and likewise your best mates can’t post glowing reviews.
- All reviews are ‘pending’ for 7 days before becoming visible to the public.
- If you have any questions on the review you’ve been given, this is the time to get in touch with the homeowner.